Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Conference

At the very last minute (3days prior) we decided to accompany Jason and the Marshall students to RUF summer conference in Laguna Beach, FL (right next to Panama City). It's a longer story why it was such last minute, so I'll spare you. Other than the 14 hour drive down there which is not fun with a baby that absolutely hates the car seat (why have I not yet gotten one of the normal babies who is lulled to sleep by the car?!- this was my cry, literally, as we traveled), it was a great week. It is a working week for Jason who taught a seminar every morning and was in charge of one of the kitchens at most meals, so it left me with the kids. But, at least we had the beach, at least 5 swimming pools, and the fellowship of old and new friends in the other campus ministers' wives. Lincoln spent the week in the sling since it freed up my hands and he loves it so much. Ruby spent the week getting to know some of the many small children their with their parents. Mostly she hung out with Knox and Owen Westmoreland and JayneMac, Asher, and Eloise Rhodes (see their blogs for more pics, I haven't figured out how to allow you to click on the text to get to their sites.). It was refreshing and encouraging to see friends and also to see the enthusiasm and work of the spirit in so many college students (I think there were over 700 there, and this was just the first of two weeks they hold summer conference). I cannot reiterate enough how blessed I am to be a part of this ministry!

No comments: