Monday, November 9, 2009

Sitting, Crawling, and not so much Sleeping

He is 7 MONTHS OLD!!! I feel it is so cliche to say, but really, where did the time go! It's way worse with the second child, I'm just not as glued to the calendar awaiting the next milestone, I know it'll be here before I know it, no worries. Not to mention the splitting of my attention, loss of brain cells, and general fogginess. He is such a great baby, so consistently happy and easy to make laugh. It doesn't hurt that he's got the constant attention of a very entertaining big sis. He's almost more doted over than she was! I thought he was crawling sooner than she did, but as I looked for pictures with dates, I found evidence otherwise (the pic of Ruby below is when she was 7 months- excuse the poor quality). They look so much alike, don't they?!
There's one big difference- Ruby was sleeping through the night, as of yet, Lincoln is NOT. Granted, he does sleep about 8 hours then awakens to eat and goes back to sleep until 7am. Good enough for him, but you don't find me asleep at 7 in the evening, or even close, so I'm not benefiting much. It's okay, I guess this is the only time he and I get true one-on-one alone time! And, as I was just saying, it goes by so fast and before you know it I'll miss cuddling him in that half asleep state. He wakes up so happy and loves it when Ruby climbs in the crib with him (as below- that's her hiding under the blanket next to him). His two bottom teeth are in and as of this past week the top two are peeking out. I've noticed the pictures I post seem to darken, not doing his blue eyes justice, but they are big and sparkling with that bit of mischief I love. And yet, another cliche- I don't know what we did without him around!




1 comment:

Christy said...

Wow, his smile just lights up the room, doesn't it?! Time really is whizzing by with these second little ones, isn't it.