Sunday, November 8, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood minus the Wolf

We have dressed Ruby up for Halloween for the past two years, but have never taken her trick-or-treating. This is due, in part, to the fact that our town doesn't do it on the night of Halloween (don't ask why, I don't know) and I didn't catch on to this in the past. We have always had a party for RUF at our house, so she just dressed up for this. My plans for costuming this year have been in the works for a long time. I really think I should re-title my blog to something clever having to do with how many posts have the common theme of my plans vs. what actually happens. I am truly embarrassed by this, and yet, press on blogging in my humiliation. Anyhoo... back to my plans. Ruby got this wonderful red cape from grammy as part of many gorgeous dress up clothes she made for her last Christmas. She also got a collection of old children's stories with illustrations by Mary Engelbreit. I decided that she would be little red riding hood and it would be too cute to have baby brother as the wolf. As you can tell by the tell by the title and absence of pictures of Lincoln, only half the plan came about. I did get to make her dress and basket lining, but no wolf costume could be made or found. The poor second child was reduced to a shirt with pumpkins on it! Nonetheless, much fun was had going house to house! She must've said after every other house "this is the best trick or treat day ever!" The pictures aren't even that great because she couldn't focus with the kids walking down the street and begging to just go already! The thought of people just waiting to give her free candy was just too much! Can you blame her! I sure do love being a mom and experiencing the sheer joy of such events, even the sugar high is worth it!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Some friends of ours dress their two kiddos as the same thing for Halloween, only big brother was the wolf and baby girl was LRRH. The mom just dressed Henry in black pants, a white tee with suspenders and made a big fluffy tail. She also made a mask that he refused to wear. Anyway, Ruby looks just the way I would imagine LRRH to look. I think you did a great job!