Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Who's Your Favorite Uncle







I know it's been a while since I posted, so I'm having to play a bit of catch up, so stay tuned...


Just before thanksgiving my brother, TJ, decided to stop by WV for a long weekend on his way back from business in NY or NJ or something. He even drove through a bad snow storm to get here! Some of my favorite memories were made that weekend. We didn't do anything special, but seeing Ruby bond with her uncle was priceless to me. One morning, she was trying to patiently await his emergence from bed, but his door was cracked open and the temptation just became too strong. She stood in his doorway fake coughing and slowly pushing the door open to be sure he heard her. When I told her it was okay for her to go give him a hug and wake him up, she said no, he was sleeping. But that didn't seem to keep her from feeling guilty over continuing to stand in the doorway and cough! He taught her, through endless repetition- "who's your favorite uncle?" To which she even still replies, "UNCLE TJ!"

No comments: