Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rish Griffin Owens


In the wee hours of Wednesday morning, July 16, 2008, Rish Griffin Owens arrived. (unfortunately my sister was up all night, but I think it was already a sign that he loves me because he knew I had to drive through the night to get there in time!) What a pretty boy he is with dark black hair and blue eyes, both like his mom- if the blue eyes stick around, and it is okay to call an infant boy "pretty." What a blessing it was to watch my sister become a mom over the past week and she and her husband, Jamie, and baby Rish become a family. And what wonderful parents they are- love beyond measure, patience despite sleep deprivation, self-sacrifice, and thankfullness that makes those witnessing more thankful for all they too have been given. Praise God for such a miracle!

1 comment:

Jeffcoat House said...

Congratulations to Ellen and to you all! We do love a baby. He is beautiful!