Friday, March 7, 2008

Fall Creek Falls

I am a little late on this post, but wanted to be sure and relate what a blessing it was to be able to go to the TN, KY, AL, and now WV (we're the only RUF in this state) spring conference. Six students joined us at Fall Creek Falls in TN, about a 7 hour drive. Although that part was hectic with a two year old, it was worth it. After being able to sit under a lot of the campus ministers during classes they taught, I feel even more honored and humbled to be counted among those that minister the gospel, especially with RUF. What amazing hearts and minds these ministers and their wives have. To see over 500 students learning, worshiping, and fellowshipping to the Glory of God is just what I needed. Even though I always remind myself of the bigger picture, it can get kinda lonely starting a new campus, with few students, far from family, and in a new place. I was able to sit under teaching that convicted me, but it felt good. It reminded me that the conviction of the Holy Spirit is gentle, loving, and freeing and what I often feel as a mom, wife, nurse practitioner, and friend is the devil's accusations that I am not good enough. The truth of the gospel is that indeed I am a sinner, fallen very short of the glory of God, but as His child I am more than enough in Christ. I can be wrong and sinful but have hope that what is at work in me was finished in Christ and it is enough, more than that it is perfect! Oh, and on another note- Ruby absolutely loved being among all those students getting lots of "AWH, isn't she cute" as she walked by. She met her friend Knox for the first time, but I think she thinks his mommy's name is Knox as she always yelled it at Meredith.

Ruby with some of our students at large group

Meredith and Knox Westmoreland

Ruby loved running in the great outdoors after 7 hours in the car

3 comments:

Jeffcoat House said...

YAY! I found you. I am so glad you are on here b/c it's one of the few ways I keep up with people! So glad you guys are doing well. That Ruby is so cute. I love that smile!

Christy said...

I'm so glad to have a way to keep up with you guys!! Phil and Jason have all the fun IMing. Your Ruby is a doll!

Anonymous said...

Well said.